OGCG’s lactation consultant Gabi Eckereder offers an extensive antenatal breastfeeding workshop. This class will prepare and empower you for the best possible start to a positive breastfeeding journey. It will also give you an insight into what to expect from your baby in the first days and will discuss helpful sleep & settling strategies.
- Benefits of breastfeeding
- Breasts & hormones
- Breastfeeding in the first hours and after your milk has come in
- Positioning & attachment – the key to successful breastfeeding
- Frequency & duration of breastfeeds
- How do I know my baby is getting enough milk?
- Hand expressing & other helpful tools
- Common challenges and troubleshooting
- Bottles, breast pumps & other useful accessories
- Newborns biological needs & behaviour
- What to expect from your baby when you get home from hospital
- Sleep & settling techniques for your little baby
What is different about OGCG’s breastfeeding classes?
- Intimate group of a maximum of 10 pregnant women (plus one support person per woman is highly recommended).
- 20% discount for one face to face consultation with our lactation consultant Gabi.
- Includes sleep & settling strategies for the newborn based on newest evidence. Gabi is also a sleep & settling consultant for young babies based on Neuroprotective Developmental Care (The “Possums Approach”).
- All classes will be held in your familiar OGCG rooms.
- Refreshments will be provided.
- Comprehensive handouts will be emailed to you after attending the class.
- Time for Q&A and ‘hands on’ practice.
$200 (includes one support person)
It includes a 20% discount for a 1:1 consultation with our lactation consultant Gabi before or after your baby is born.
Class held from 10am – 1pm
UPCOMING CLASS DATE
Antenatal breastfeeding class:
All classes will be conducted in the OGCG rooms.