Baby Safety Program: Led by Dr Rosemarie Boland
Dr Rosemarie Boland is a newborn educator, neonatal intensive care nurse and midwife with over 30 years’ experience. She specializes in providing first aid training for expectant parents, and parents and families of newborn babies and ex-premature infants.
Baby Safe Program: 0-6 month infants
Topics covered in this 2.5 hour program will include:
- Safe sleep environment
- Safe wrapping versus safe sleeping bags
- Recognising signs of an unwell baby
- Seeking professional help: who, where and when
- Managing illness in the first few months after birth
- Baby CPR (cardio-pulmonary resuscitation)
- Management of choking
- Bath and water safety
Practical component with Baby Anne training dolls
- How to take a baby’s temperature and interpret the results
- Safe wrapping for sleep and to promote normal hip development
- Baby CPR (cardio-pulmonary resuscitation- also known as mouth-to-mouth and nose, and chest compressions)
- Management of a choking baby
Take home resources
All participants will receive take-home Baby Safety resources including:
- CPR instruction magnet
- Choking instruction magnet
- Recognizing signs of an unwell baby information sheet
- REDNOSE safe sleep brochure
- Recommended APPS for download for a range of Baby Safety resources.
- Recommended web-based resources.
Cost: $50 per person (+ 10% GST)
All bookings and payments are made via the Eventbrite booking site.
Grandparents and other family members are welcome to book a position at this class.
What to expect and what to bring
The class will run for approximately 2.5 hours. All equipment is provided.
You may wish to bring a notebook and pen to take down additional notes.
Health Fund Rebates
Regrettably, we are not able to offer Health Fund rebates for this program at this time.
Empowering parents of newborn babies to deal with emergencies with confidence.