Dr Amber Hart provides private consultations covering antenatal breastfeeding preparation, infant feeding support, maternal breastfeeding support and postnatal contraception. Scroll down to find out more information about these consultations.
Dr Hart also offers a comprehensive group antenatal breastfeeding class, covering all things lactation. You’ll come away from your class feeling empowered to give yourself and your baby the best possible start to feeding.
Click the button below to find out more class details and to register for a class.
Private consultations at OGCG are available covering the following services:
Antenatal Breastfeeding Preparation
We believe that prevention is better than cure, so come in for an antenatal consultation in early 3rd Trimester to discuss any infant feeding concerns including but not limited to:
- Diabetes, PCOS, breast assessments
- Overcoming previous breastfeeding challenges
- Induced lactation for surrogacy and same sex parents (best done as early as possible in the pregnancy)
- Education regarding common breastfeeding problems and how to avoid or overcome them
- Antenatal expression and storage of colostrum
Infant Feeding Support
- Optimising positioning, milk transfer and infant growth
- Mixed and formula feeding support, including expressing and storing milk
- Tongue tie assessment and management
Maternal Breastfeeding Support
- Pain, engorgement, low supply, over supply
- Mastitis, breast abscesses, blocked ducts, thrush, vasospasm, dermatitis
- Return-to-work planning including expressing and storing milk, introduction of bottles, gentle weaning
Infant Sleep and Settling Consultations
For more information or to register your interest for Antenatal Classes, head to www.miwm.com.au
COVID-19 and Breastfeeding
For information on breastfeeding and COVID-19, head to https://www.breastfeeding.asn.au/bfinfo/covid-19.
About our team
Meet our specialists
OGCG has five female specialist obstetricians; Dr Jean Wong, Dr Leah Xu, Dr Natalia Khomko, Dr Perri Dyson and Dr Robin Thurman.
Supporting the obstetricians are Dr Amber Hart (GP lactation consultant & Infant sleep/settling consultant), Dr Brooke Harcourt (Maternal & Paediatric Dietician) and Aminee Dickenson (Counsellor)
We also offer the services of 2 specialist gynaecologists, Dr Harvinder Kaurand Dr Stephen Lee plus fertility specialist, Dr Chandrika Parmar.