The pregnancy journey can be a very challenging time filled with a range of emotions. While it is exciting and joyful it can also be a very daunting and worrisome time.
Your emotional health and well-being is just as important as your physical health at this very special time as it helps to set you up for the birth, baby and beyond.
Facilitated by Aminee Dickenson, “My Baby Brain” provides a chance for new parents to take some time out and check in to the “how am I feeling” about pregnancy space? The group support sessions provide an opportunity to share stories about how you are feeling in a relaxed and non judgemental environment and also to receive relevant information and resources about coping with the emotional demands of pregnancy and becoming a parent. It is also a great opportunity to start building your postnatal village by engaging with new and expectant parents.
Topics up for discussion will include:
- Recognising normal emotional changes in pregnancy
- How a good diet and exercise can help physically and emotionally
- The importance of sleep in pregnancy
- How to deal with stress though mindfulness and grounding techniques
- Where can you get help for emotional health in pregnancy
- The rise of social media and how to deal with it in pregnancy
- Plus much, much more
Aminee Dickenson is a qualified Midwife and Counsellor. She holds a Diploma of Counselling, a Postgraduate Diploma in Midwifery, a Bachelor of Science (Nursing), a Childbirth Education Certificate (Royal Women’s hospital). Aminee is a Member of the Australia Counselling Association and is AHPRA registered.
This class costs $30
UPCOMING CLASS DATES
- November 26th
- December 17th